Our Research and Evaluation Committee oversees regular evaluation of all our programs at Starlight.
Satisfaction levels, effective outcomes and real impact are constantly being measured so that we can establish an evidence-base for our work. This further strengthens the delivery of our programs and ensures maximum impact for our investment.
Often undertaken in collaboration with industry-leading external partners, we've recently collaborated in research with the University of Melbourne, The University of Western Sydney, Price Waterhouse Coopers, The Young and Well Cooperative Research Centre and The Cooperative Research Centre for Aboriginal Health (predecessor to the Lowitja Institute).
Social Return on Investment Reports:
- Captain Starlight: PwC Social Return on investment project. Download Snapshot Report (file size 4.6 MB)
- Livewire.org.au: SVA Consulting Social Return on Investment (SROI) Baseline Analysis. Download Report (file size 888 KB)
- Starlight Programs: The Evidence. Download Report (file size 1.98 MB)
- Captain Starlight: An Evaluation of the Captain Starlight Program. Download Report (file size 654 KB)
- Evaluation of the Starlight Express Room. Download Report (file size 663 KB)
- Wishgranting Research & Evaluation Snapshot. Download Snapshot (file size 676 KB)
- An Evaluation of the Community Outreach Program in the Northern Territory. Download Report (file size 1.7 MB)
- Real Livewires: A research report on the role of Chat Hosts in the Livewire online community for teens living with a chronic illness or disability. Download Report (file size 2.3 MB)
- Connecting, supporting and empowering young people living with a chronic illness and disability: The Livewire online community. Download Report (file size 3.7 MB)
- Evaluation of the Starlight Children's Foundation’s activities in regional and remote communities in the Northern Territory. Download Report (file size 1.2 MB)
- Livewire In-Hospital Program: A review of service delivery in The Royal Children's Hospital Adolescent Mental Health Ward. Download Report (file size 3.6 MB)
- Livewire World Congress. Download Conference Presentation (file size 5.1 MB)
- Evaluation of the Starlight Express Room. Download Conference Presentation (file size 586 KB)
- Outreach: Exploring the Role and Impact of Captain Starlight. Download Conference Presentation (file size 1.6 MB)
If you are interested in collaborating with Starlight to undertake a research project, please fill in the Expression of Interest - External Research Application Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are accepted from February to December and are reviewed on a monthly basis.