Star-BQ Food Inspiration: Vegetarian delights
This one's for all the vegetarians out there - just because you're not a meat eater, doesn't mean your StarBQ menu should be any less delicious! Think roast veggies, cheese, chickpeas, salads - all the good stuff. Check out our falafel recipe below to get your vegetarian fix - it's super yummy AND simple, with only 2 steps!
serves 4 people
- 1 chopped brown onion
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 eggwhite
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 x 400g chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Place onion, garlic, coriander, cumin, chickpeas, parsley, flour, egg white, salt and pepper in a food processor. Process until almost smooth.
- Using floured hands, shape mixture into four 2cm-thick patties. Place on a plate. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook patties for 4 to 5 minutes each side or until cooked through.
This falafel recipe will work a treat at your next barbecue - why not turn it into a StarBQ and watch your vegetarian guests come flocking! Find out more
Keep in touch with Starlight