Safety Alert

Share
This

Categories: Uncategorised
0 Comment(s) 637 View(s)
23 Dec '19

Do you have one of these torches?

If so, be aware that it is powered by alkaline button batteries that present a significant potential safety threat to children. Button batteries (also called coin batteries) can be swallowed by children, and this may result in significant injury.

An industry Code for Consumer Goods that contain Button Batteries has been developed by a range of businesses with support from the ACCC and state consumer regulators.

More information about the safety issues with button and coin batteries can be obtained at this website: productsafety.gov.au.

Download the safety alert. (PDF 967 KB)

These torches may have been given to children and families who used the Starlight Express Room at the Women’s & Children’s hospital in Adelaide between 2011 and 2017. The Starlight Children’s Foundation recommends that if you have one of these torches it be destroyed immediately in a secure manner. If preferred, the torches may be returned to the Starlight Express Room and we will arrange for them to be securely destroyed. 

Share This

Keep in touch with Starlight

By signing up, I agree to receive news & fundraising information emails from Starlight. Information collected is in accordance with our Privacy Policy